Stray Asteroid or Unknown Meteor? Meteor Crash in Thailand Captured on Dashcam!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nidum
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Crash Meteor
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Every time I see one of these, I think that I should get a dash cam.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn
yup saw that video a few days a go, another impressive fireball :smile:
 
I actually saw a similar large bolide over Poland last Sunday, also while traveling in a car. I think being in cars is what causes them, or something.
It's a crazy feeling when the immutable, dependable sky lights up like that all of a sudden - it's as if nature was waggling a finger at you, telling you it can kill you and everyone you love at any damn time it pleases, so you better keep some perspective on your life pretty please. :D
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn
perhaps it was a stray astroid or unknown meteor seen for the first tome