Stunning Summer Vacation Photos: Starry Skies, Thunderstorms, and Perfect Waves

  • Thread starter Thread starter Andy Resnick
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Photos Summer
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 6K views
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Messages
7,830
Reaction score
4,173
I thought I'd start a thread for people to post any good pics they took on summer vacation. Here's mine- a few of the starry sky:

trails_zps9ef6f179.jpg


15_whole_rectilinear_zps169b5bf3.jpg


16_fov4_filtered_zpsc9772fe0.jpg


A composite shot of (from the top) the sky (with Air Force fighter jet), a thunderstorm, the ocean, and people looking for ghost crabs:

ResultofDSC01296_filtered_zps006b1c98.jpg


and my ongoing attempt to get the perfect wave- these were taken in the morning, while the sun was low. I like the mirror appearance of the water (you can see multiple reflections in one of the images):

DSC100063_zps93e2eeba.jpg


DSC100062_zpscc56b5f1.jpg


Your turn!
 
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Great photos! Love the Milky Way shots and the star trails.