wukunlin said:
its more of a fact that she decided to post a video on the internet about it that makes it stupid, otherwise she looks nice...
To be honest, I only clicked on her video because I thought she was sort of cute. I don't care much about what she's got to say. From what I gather it's always something along the lines of "keep smiling, be happy, don't make the same mistakes" kind of stuff. While this is all very good advice, she does need to have 50 videos like that on the internet. Or anywhere else for that matter.
It's great she's being heard out but I'd be damned, she barely ever says anything very useful. I'd bet that if she looked like Beth Ditto and danced around in her nice little dress singing about zombie slayers, she would have *more* viewers than she does now...except that she'd be laughed at more than anything else.
This reminds me of an interesting thing: how does attraction start? I always hear people saying "looks don't matter, it's the person inside that does" and all that jazz. I find that, with me at least, the looks do matter a great deal. Let's say I'm sitting alone at Starbucks and I see two different persons that I could talk to ('cause they're not with anyone either), which would make my otherwise boring afternoon, somewhat interesting. Person a) is Kimmi Smiles. Person b) is Beth Ditto. Guess who I'd pick?! Of course, what comes after is who the person is. If it turns out that Smiles is very stupid and doesn't have much to offer, then the odds are we won't be seeing each other again. And maybe the fat chick is a truly amazing person, for all I know but the fact that she's fat made me ignore her and choose to initiate conversation with the nicer looking person. Does this make me a shallow individual? I'd like to think not. I was proposed with two options, I chose the one which seemed more appealing to me. If placed in another situation with only Beth Ditto available, I would choose her and hear her out. If anything, I think I'm actually honest about this. Most people I've encountered (and to clarify: this is purely *anecdotal* and based on what I *perceived* of a situation) who have expressed views about looks being *unimportant* did not sound like they meant any of it.