Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Stupid and pointless videos you've stumbled across

1. Sep 4, 2011 #1
    I spend a lot of time searching through random videos on YouTube. I always find such pointless videos. Post pointless videos that you've found.

Here's one (of the many) I've found:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 4, 2011 #2

wukunlin

Gold Member

i find it more difficult to come across youtube videos that aren't pointless these days

4. Sep 4, 2011 #3
    all rick-roll videos.

5. Sep 5, 2011 #4
    Harry Potter.

But seriously, nothing beats Antoine Dodson.

6. Sep 5, 2011 #5
  7. Sep 5, 2011 #6
    Longest video (571 hours):

It's not even actual video. More like one blurry frame each second.

8. Sep 6, 2011 #7

IMP

Warning: Do not watch this video if you just ate...

9. Sep 6, 2011 #8

While far superior, as far as aesthetically pleasing goes, it's by far more annoying. Except for maybe that badger thing.

Jerry, do you like metal?

10. Sep 7, 2011 #9
    Thy, I thought she was cute! Infectious enthusiasm.

11. Sep 7, 2011 #10
    I can see the appeal but she reminds me of an ex who was a horrible, lecherous fiend. DIE! :p

12. Sep 7, 2011 #11

wukunlin

Gold Member

its more of a fact that she decided to post a video on the internet about it that makes it stupid, otherwise she looks nice....

13. Sep 7, 2011 #12
    To be honest, I only clicked on her video because I thought she was sort of cute. I don't care much about what she's got to say. From what I gather it's always something along the lines of "keep smiling, be happy, don't make the same mistakes" kind of stuff. While this is all very good advice, she does need to have 50 videos like that on the internet. Or anywhere else for that matter.

It's great she's being heard out but I'd be damned, she barely ever says anything very useful. I'd bet that if she looked like Beth Ditto and danced around in her nice little dress singing about zombie slayers, she would have *more* viewers than she does now...except that she'd be laughed at more than anything else.

This reminds me of an interesting thing: how does attraction start? I always hear people saying "looks don't matter, it's the person inside that does" and all that jazz. I find that, with me at least, the looks do matter a great deal. Let's say I'm sitting alone at Starbucks and I see two different persons that I could talk to ('cause they're not with anyone either), which would make my otherwise boring afternoon, somewhat interesting. Person a) is Kimmi Smiles. Person b) is Beth Ditto. Guess who I'd pick?! Of course, what comes after is who the person is. If it turns out that Smiles is very stupid and doesn't have much to offer, then the odds are we won't be seeing each other again. And maybe the fat chick is a truly amazing person, for all I know but the fact that she's fat made me ignore her and choose to initiate conversation with the nicer looking person. Does this make me a shallow individual? I'd like to think not. I was proposed with two options, I chose the one which seemed more appealing to me. If placed in another situation with only Beth Ditto available, I would choose her and hear her out. If anything, I think I'm actually honest about this. Most people I've encountered (and to clarify: this is purely *anecdotal* and based on what I *perceived* of a situation) who have expressed views about looks being *unimportant* did not sound like they meant any of it.

14. Sep 7, 2011 #13
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2017
  15. Sep 10, 2011 #14

I found this video yesterday. I wish I wouldn't have. View at your own risk.

16. Sep 10, 2011 #15

Pengwuino

Gold Member

In case anyone is wondering, that video is 1.8gb :)

17. Sep 21, 2011 #16
    stupid and pointless, but entertaining

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LzW9O40OLw

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook