Summer Opportunities for Undergrad Physics Students: African American Edition

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
CyberShot
Messages
133
Reaction score
2
Hi. So I'm currently an undergrad sophomore about to end the school year. I haven't got much research so far in physics (I only recently started a once a week Monte Carlo research with a professor).

I'm wondering if there are ANY summer programs/internships/experience I could do? Or have I completely missed all the deadlines.

If I can't do these official programs, what else should I be doing over the summer to build my research resume for grad school?

Please help! I don't want to waste another summer when I could be doing something productive!

I'm also African American if that may help with minority programs/etc.

Thanks!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Nope. Almost all official summer programs are full up and most professors already have enough research assistants. You could learn programming or just explore in physics a bit to get ready for next summer but your chances of finding something now are slim. Good luck