1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Summer project at top US/European university

1. Sep 20, 2015 #1
    I'm 1st year student of masters in physics at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay. I'm looking forward to do 2016 summer project at some top US/European university. I can fund my travel, stay & food using my savings. I just want to work with top physicists and gain good research experience. I've already started emailing professors, but hardly getting any reply. Would anyone suggest how can I get this opportunity?

My scores:
    940 out of 990 in Physics Subject GRE
    800 out of 800 in GRE Quantitative
    105 out of 120 in TOEFL iBT
    8.0 out of 9.0 in IELTS
    6th All India Rank (AIR) in IIT entrance exam (JAM)

Thank You!

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 20, 2015 #2

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

What are you sending them? A good mail should give at least some response from most.
    Apart from universities, did you consider research institutes as well? They often have summer student programs.

4. Sep 20, 2015 #3
    Thanks for replying. I forwarded you email I'm sending. I sent to 10 professors and got reply from just one. I'm continuing to contact more though.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook