Summer Solstice: Parties and Celebrations from 8:07PM Till Late!

  • Thread starter Thread starter 0TheSwerve0
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Summer
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
0TheSwerve0
Messages
196
Reaction score
0
I think having sunlight until 8:07PM justifies my waking up at 12:30pm:-p :cool: Any summer solstice celebrations going on?

I found this for Utah and England (at Stonehenge)
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
berkeman said:
The APOD today was a cool shot of sunrise at Stonehenge. Yep, still lined up after all these years!

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap060621.html
Typical male - fails to read the caption. "Due to the precession of the Earth's orbital axis over the millennia, the Sun no longer rises over Stonehenge in an astronomically significant way, although the photographer was able to find a good spot where the rising Sun appeared over one of Stonehenge's massive standing stones.

I am SOOO disappointed in you! :wink:
 
I was going to mention that someone needs to move that rock to the right a bit.
 
We are going to celebrate the willow up at bendigo michels by the watering pool.