Switch mode power supplies related study in Germany

In summary, the speaker is looking to apply for a Master's degree in switch mode power supplies design in Germany. They are seeking suggestions for universities with a strong focus on this area and preferably with no or minimal tuition fees. The speaker also mentions that most universities in Germany offer courses in English and the cost for tuition is typically around 200-500 Euros per 6 months. However, the availability of English courses in their specific area of interest is unknown.
Power Expert
Hi,
I want to apply in Germany for MS in the area of switch mode power supplies design. Any good idea which university offer much courses in this area in English language... I want to apply in university where there is no tuition fee or a very minimum.

Physics news on Phys.org
Power Expert said:
I want to apply in university where there is no tuition fee or a very minimum.
Compared to the US or the UK, all universities should satisfy that. You typically pay ~200-500 Euros per 6 months, sometimes a bit more. Living expenses not included, of course.

In physics in general, many MSc level courses are in English, for the specific area you are looking for I have no idea.

1. What is the popularity of studying switch mode power supplies in Germany?

Switch mode power supplies are a popular field of study in Germany, especially in the engineering and energy sectors. Germany is known for its strong emphasis on renewable energy and energy efficiency, making it an ideal location for studying switch mode power supplies.

2. Are there any top universities in Germany for studying switch mode power supplies?

Yes, there are several top universities in Germany that offer courses and programs related to switch mode power supplies. Some notable ones include Technical University of Munich, RWTH Aachen University, and Karlsruhe Institute of Technology.

3. What skills do I need to have for studying switch mode power supplies in Germany?

To excel in studying switch mode power supplies in Germany, it is important to have a strong background in mathematics, physics, and electrical engineering. Additionally, proficiency in German language can be beneficial for finding internships and job opportunities.

4. What career opportunities are available for graduates with a degree in switch mode power supplies from Germany?

Graduates with a degree in switch mode power supplies from Germany have a wide range of career opportunities available to them. They can work in industries such as renewable energy, power electronics, and automotive, as well as in research and development roles in universities and research institutions.

5. Are there any scholarships available for international students studying switch mode power supplies in Germany?

Yes, there are various scholarships and funding opportunities available for international students studying switch mode power supplies in Germany. Some examples include DAAD scholarships, Erasmus+ funding, and scholarships offered by individual universities and organizations.