1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Taking Calc based Physics on-line

1. Apr 21, 2013 #1
    I have been attempting to take classes towards a mechanical engineering degree for a few years. I have a full time job, 50-60 hours a week, and a family. I have taken Calc 1 and will attempt Calc 2, as well as a freshman ME course, in the fall. I was thinking of taking Calc 3 and physics in the Spring. I will only be able to take 1 of the courses at the college. Would physics be a bad choice for on-line. I have taken a couple of on-line courses so far. I have not enjoyed it, but I have still managed to get A's.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 21, 2013 #2

eri

I very much doubt any real engineering schools would accept an online physics course. Physics courses involve labs, and you can't do those online.

4. Apr 21, 2013 #3
    That's a good point. I better check first. I am cuncurrent with a community college and university, so it does get a little confusing dealing with two different advisors. Since I am not a traditional student, the university seems to blow me off a bit.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook