Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Tale of a Quantum Physicist in the year 2092

1. Sep 20, 2010 #1
    This is an absolutely brilliant movie that every should try to watch:

The movie tells the tale of a Quantum Physicist in the year 2092 who is of the age of 138. He is the last living mortal (everyone else has become immortal due to Telomeres regeneration) whom suffers from "memory degeneracy" and he tries to tell whom he is. Although as a child when given specific choices, he was incapable of deciding and we realize the uncertainty in specific decisions leads to distinctive paths in his life (like a Chaotic System). The movie uses concepts such as The Big Bang Theory, The Arrow of Time with association to Entropy, Superstring Theory and memory to establish certain ideas

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 20, 2010 #2
    Re: Mr.Nobody

Looks like too much of a love story :(

4. Sep 20, 2010 #3

It isn't, that's just an emphasis of the different paths he can possibly take.

5. Sep 20, 2010 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Did you get the year wrong? 2092 is only 82 years from now. If he's 138 in 2092, he's 56 years old now. We're nowhere near the point you state with telomeres. How did he live to 138?

6. Sep 21, 2010 #5

WooHoo! Sign me up! (I'd be a youthful 134!)

7. Sep 21, 2010 #6

Trailer shows him saying he was born February 9, 1975. He's 34.

8. Sep 21, 2010 #7

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Thanks, I'll be sure to watch it.

9. Sep 21, 2010 #8

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Oh, a kid has to make a choice to live with either his mother or father and the movie shows 3 possible outcomes of his choice, where he lives, the person he marries, etc... Supposedly not a bad movie, yes, it's a love story.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/film-reviews/mr-nobody-film-review-1004016170.story

10. Sep 21, 2010 #9

Sorry, I meant 118.

11. Sep 24, 2010 #10

It was pretty good, but IMO still had too much of a 'love story' for my liking.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook