Taylor series for the product cos(z)·cosh(z)

  • Thread starter Thread starter asi123
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Taylor
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
asi123
Messages
254
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Hey guys.
I need to develop Taylor series for this function (cos(z) * cosh(z)).
I know the Taylor development for cos and the Taylor development for cosh but I have no idea how to combine the two, if it's possible, any idea guys?
And another thing, does it matters if we are talking about the complex field?

Thanks a lot.


Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution

 
Attachments
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 425
Physics news on Phys.org
asi123 said:

Homework Statement



Hey guys.
I need to develop Taylor series for this function (cos(z) * cosh(z)).
I know the Taylor development for cos and the Taylor development for cosh but I have no idea how to combine the two, if it's possible, any idea guys?
And another thing, does it matters if we are talking about the complex field?

Thanks a lot.


Homework Equations




The Attempt at a Solution



cosq= (eiq+ e-iq)/2.
coshq= (eq+ e-q)/2.

might help but you image is yet to be approved.
 
rootX said:
cosq= (eiq+ e-iq)/2.
coshq= (eq+ e-q)/2.

might help but you image is yet to be approved.

Oh, I see.
I'll try it.
Thanks a lot.

BTW the image only shows the function "cosz * coshz" and the Taylor series of this two functions.