Teach me to fish outward force ball on string

In summary, the conversation is about requesting a step-by-step calculation for the outward force of a 2 pound ball on an 18 inch string spinning at 2000 rpm. The formula for this is F = M * V^2 / r, but the person is unsure if they are excluding something important in the formula. They need this information for a project and would appreciate a sample calculation with clarification of each step. While they are thankful for the provided links, they are not always able to access them and would appreciate a full calculation. They have also learned from the provided links.
creationvger
I am requesting a precise step by step calculation for the outward force of a 2 pound ball on an 18 inch string being spun at 2000 rpm.

I know it's F = M times V squared devided by radius; but I must be excluding something important in the formula.

I need it to learn the math for a project. If u will show me each step using english measurements I would be very thankful.

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes that did help in that I used the form to do math. However I'm not allways on the net; I have not yet, "learned" to fish. If someone would like to take the time to work the full math out providing me with a sample including clarification of each move, I would greatly appreciate it and gladly take it from there.. However I am thankful for ur help as I truly can use what u provided at the moment. Also 2 of ur addresses were the same. Did not know if u meant to put 3 up or not.. Once again, thank you.

Yes 2 are the same link, but I wanted to draw attention to both anchors on the page.

Got it and learned.. ThanX!

1. What is the outward force ball on string experiment?

The outward force ball on string experiment is a simple physics experiment that demonstrates the concept of centripetal force. It involves swinging a ball attached to a string in a circular motion and observing the forces acting on the ball.

2. What materials are needed for this experiment?

You will need a small ball (such as a marble or ping pong ball), a string, a ruler or measuring tape, and a fixed point to attach the string to (such as a hook or doorknob).

3. How do you perform the experiment?

To perform the experiment, tie one end of the string to the fixed point and the other end to the ball. Hold the string taut and swing the ball in a circular motion, making sure the string stays at the same length. Measure the distance between the fixed point and the ball to determine the radius of the circle.

4. What is the significance of this experiment?

The outward force ball on string experiment helps to illustrate the concept of centripetal force, which is the force that keeps an object moving in a circular path. It also demonstrates the relationship between the speed, radius, and centripetal force of an object in circular motion.

5. What are some possible sources of error in this experiment?

Possible sources of error in this experiment include variations in the radius of the circle due to human error or friction between the string and the fixed point. The weight and size of the ball used may also affect the results. It is important to repeat the experiment multiple times and take an average to reduce the impact of these errors.