1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Teach me to fish outward force ball on string

1. Feb 17, 2009 #1
    I am requesting a precise step by step calculation for the outward force of a 2 pound ball on an 18 inch string being spun at 2000 rpm.

I know it's F = M times V squared devided by radius; but I must be excluding something important in the formula.

I need it to learn the math for a project. If u will show me each step using english measurements I would be very thankful.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 17, 2009 #2

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

4. Feb 17, 2009 #3
    Yes that did help in that I used the form to do math. However I'm not allways on the net; I have not yet, "learned" to fish. If someone would like to take the time to work the full math out providing me with a sample including clarification of each move, I would greatly appreciate it and gladly take it from there.. However I am thankful for ur help as I truly can use what u provided at the moment. Also 2 of ur addresses were the same. Did not know if u meant to put 3 up or not.. Once again, thank you.

5. Feb 17, 2009 #4

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

Yes 2 are the same link, but I wanted to draw attention to both anchors on the page.

6. Feb 17, 2009 #5
    Got it and learned.. ThanX!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook