The Disobedient Eyelash: A Tale of Woe

• Thread starter Math Is Hard
  • Start date
In summary, this woman has cowlicks in her hair, errant eyelashes, and eyebrows that are starting to do the same thing. She is considering taking an eyelash curler to it, but is scared of the pain it may cause. She also has white nose hairs and wishes she knew about a product to dye them.
hypatia said:
I was useing a eyelash curler once, then a BIG spider came crawling down the mirror, and I ended up ripping about half of them out as I jumped. I don't use eyelash curlers anymore.

Were you sitting on a tuffet at the time?

Physics news on Phys.org
Andre said:
:uhh: Better delete that post, and quickly go to the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) first. Ideas are easily stolen.

Too late. There goes my ticket to the good life. :(

mbrmbrg said:
I used to be scared of eyelash curlers, but then I tried one.
Great for days when I try to wear both glasses and mascara: using the curler prevents my eyelashes from hitting the glasses lens and leaving mascara streaks on it!

Tip for the day:

Warm the eyelash curler with a hair dryer on "low". Make sure to check that's it not too hot and use on clean lashes. They've even come out with a self heating curler. Go figure.

Far Star

Moonbear said:
Wow, I did not know this. I thought that was the one way left to determine if the paint job was original. :uhh:

Betty Beauty has both natural and not so natural colors. They even have a green St. Patricks day kit that comes with a 4-leaf clover stencil. :approve:

Far Star said:
Tip for the day:

Warm the eyelash curler with a hair dryer on "low". Make sure to check that's it not too hot and use on clean lashes. They've even come out with a self heating curler. Go figure.

Far Star

That is a very smart idea! Thank you!

Now I just have to work up the nerve to use the eyelash curler. :eek:

rewebster said:
my, my---you're on the razor's edge of eliminating the whole dyeing problem

:rofl: That's usually the easiest way to hide that one's hair color isn't natural. :uhh: :biggrin:

Math Is Hard said:
That is a very smart idea! Thank you!

Now I just have to work up the nerve to use the eyelash curler. :eek:

You're welcome. :<)

There are entire sections on some forums devoted to such things. There are ergonomic designs, silicone vs rubber, slightly curved or more rounded, padded handle or not, $5 vs $20...

And I thought physics was mind boggling.

Far Star

Yay! I managed to pull the thing out this morning!

:approve:

Congrats! Did it hurt as much as you thought it would?

lisab said:
:approve:

Congrats! Did it hurt as much as you thought it would?

It wasn't bad - it was mostly luck. First I put on mascara so I could get a grip, then I just tugged on some lashes in that area since I was having a problem grabbing that one particular eyelash. It turned out to be weakly rooted, as I suspected a defective, mutant eyelash might be. It gave way without a struggle, and no others came with it. it was a great relief because the stupid thing was starting to poke me.

I really do have some 'sympathy' for everything that women have to worry about and have to go through-----

Most men usually get ready, get dressed, and go---

--it's not really 'sympathy'---it's more like ----oh...--my, my, MY...

rewebster said:
I really do have some 'sympathy' for everything that women have to worry about and have to go through-----

Most men usually get ready, get dressed, and go---

--it's not really 'sympathy'---it's more like ----oh...--my, my, MY...

I don't know about that. Men have problems, too. It's just that they can all be solved with a pocket knife.

I still remember the trauma of getting splinters as a kid. I'd complain, my dad's hand slips out of his pocket holding a pocket knife, and he commands, "Come here, I'll take care of it."

Knives: the key to all of man's solutions and his problems, as well, sometimes. (Ivan had to convince Integral to put a picture of his knife holder in the caption competition thread, inspiring me to buy one of those http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/gear/86dd/. They're sharp! I cut my finger while cutting an onion. Now that it's healing, the skin's receding a little more than I expected and I'm thinking that maybe I should have gotten stitches or at least put a little super glue on it. It looks okay from the top, but from the side it looks like it's going to leave more a divot than a scar.)