The Energy of Radiation from a Carbon-Oxygen Double Bond

  • Thread starter Thread starter I'm
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Chemistry
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
I'm
Messages
44
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


A carbon-Oxegen double bond in certain organic molecules absorbs radiation that has a frequency of 6.0 x 10^13 s^-1

A. What is the wavelength of this radiation?
B. What is the energy of this radiation per photon? per mole of photons?

Homework Equations


The Attempt at a Solution



for A I got

5.0 x 10 ^-6 M

for B I just don't know how to do it

I tried using E = hv, and I got 3.9 x 10 ^-20
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Show units in your answers, 3.9x10-20 means nothing.

M is a molar concentration, I suppose you meant m for meters. If so, you are right in A.

--