The final answer to the car battery on a concrete floor (ruins the floor)

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
MidiMagic
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
People keep asking about setting a car battery on a concrete floor somehow ruining the battery.

Here is the final answer on the subject.

I have the 1930s Popular Science with the original tip in it (but don't ask me which issue). The auto tip was:

"Leaving a car battery on a concrete floor will ruin it."

I have seen three concrete floors ruined by leaving car batteries on them. Acid vapors ate away at the concrete.

That "it" in the auto tip has too many antecedents.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Eek! What is it doing to the bulkheads in my boat?
 
:nb) Oh my, I better get the half dozen I have sitting in my shop, and take them to the recycle facility.