The Hobbit -- Battle of 5 Armies

• Thread starter strangerep
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the teaser trailer for the final Hobbit movie, "The Battle of the Five Armies," and whether or not it will feature Billy Boyd's song from "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King." Some speculate that Boyd may have composed an original song for the movie instead. The conversation also touches on the excitement for the movie and hopes for a prequel to "The Hobbit," as well as the potential for a movie adaptation of "The Silmarillion." However, some express concerns about the movie being a "money grab" and the challenges of adapting "The Silmarillion" due to its format as a history book rather than a novel.
strangerep
Science Advisor
I just watched the teaser trailer for TH-Bo5A (though it's now several months old).

I gather they're re-using Billy Boyd's haunting song from LotR--RotK?
Or was that just for the trailer?

Hmm,... other sites suggest the closing theme for TH-Bo5A might be a different original composition by Boyd et al. (I didn't know he had composed the LotR song -- he's very talented.)

Physics news on Phys.org
Very excited myself, though don't expect it to be anything like Return of the King, It could ruin the movie for you.

I hope to see a prehistory for Hobbit too :) Really interesting story. Oh, and watch the Extended edition :)

Likes James Holland
it would have been better named the bloating of the five pages
as in the book the battle is fully described in only five pages and although it looks like an awesome battle i would assume it is little more than a money grab.

PapersOwl said:
I hope to see a prehistory for Hobbit too :) Really interesting story. Oh, and watch the Extended edition :)
their are a decent amount of books some of which set before the hobbit most notably the silmarillion (really hope they make a film for this one too) this is in my opinion the best book of J.R.R Tolken

The problem with making a movie of "The Silmarillion" is that it was written and reads more like a history book than a novel.

That is true but the hobbit didnt stick to the books either

1. What is the plot of "The Hobbit - Battle of 5 Armies"?

The Hobbit - Battle of 5 Armies follows the story of Bilbo Baggins, a hobbit who is part of a quest to reclaim the Lonely Mountain from the dragon, Smaug. The battle takes place after Smaug is killed and many different groups, including dwarves, elves, men, and orcs, fight over the treasure inside the mountain.

2. Who are the main characters in "The Hobbit - Battle of 5 Armies"?

The main characters in the movie include Bilbo Baggins, Thorin Oakenshield, Gandalf the Grey, Legolas, Tauriel, Bard, and many other dwarves, elves, and humans. There are also appearances from characters from the Lord of the Rings trilogy, such as Galadriel, Saruman, and Elrond.

3. How does "The Hobbit - Battle of 5 Armies" connect to "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy?

"The Hobbit - Battle of 5 Armies" serves as a prequel to "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy and takes place 60 years before the events of the trilogy. It follows the journey of Bilbo Baggins, who is also a main character in the trilogy, and provides backstory for some of the events and characters in the trilogy.

4. What special effects were used in "The Hobbit - Battle of 5 Armies"?

The movie utilized a combination of practical effects and CGI to create the fantastical world of Middle-earth. Some of the most notable special effects include the creation of the dragon, Smaug, and the epic battle scenes between the different armies.

5. Is "The Hobbit - Battle of 5 Armies" based on a book?

Yes, "The Hobbit - Battle of 5 Armies" is based on the book "The Hobbit" by J.R.R. Tolkien. The book is a prequel to the Lord of the Rings trilogy and follows the same story of Bilbo's journey to reclaim the Lonely Mountain. However, some changes and additions were made in the movie adaptation.

Back