The Hobbit -- Battle of 5 Armies

  • Thread starter Thread starter strangerep
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 2K views
Science Advisor
Messages
3,766
Reaction score
2,215
I just watched the teaser trailer for TH-Bo5A (though it's now several months old).

I gather they're re-using Billy Boyd's haunting song from LotR--RotK?
Or was that just for the trailer?

Hmm,... other sites suggest the closing theme for TH-Bo5A might be a different original composition by Boyd et al. (I didn't know he had composed the LotR song -- he's very talented.)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Very excited myself, though don't expect it to be anything like Return of the King, It could ruin the movie for you.
 
I hope to see a prehistory for Hobbit too :) Really interesting story. Oh, and watch the Extended edition :)
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: James Holland
it would have been better named the bloating of the five pages
as in the book the battle is fully described in only five pages and although it looks like an awesome battle i would assume it is little more than a money grab.
 
PapersOwl said:
I hope to see a prehistory for Hobbit too :) Really interesting story. Oh, and watch the Extended edition :)
their are a decent amount of books some of which set before the hobbit most notably the silmarillion (really hope they make a film for this one too) this is in my opinion the best book of J.R.R Tolken
 
The problem with making a movie of "The Silmarillion" is that it was written and reads more like a history book than a novel.
 
That is true but the hobbit didnt stick to the books either