Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Internet Danger No One Talks About

1. Mar 9, 2006 #1
    http://www World Wide Quasimodoism On The Rise

Ever notice how this is doing a wicked number on your back and neck?
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 9, 2006 #2
    well only if you don't know anything at all about ergonomy. Pick a better chair etc. etc. and you will be just fine.
  4. Mar 9, 2006 #3

Science Advisor

Ergonomy? Is that anything like Ergonomics?
  5. Mar 9, 2006 #4
    Wow, the sting of your sharp wit in response to my dull, colorless OP is nearly intolerable.
  6. Mar 9, 2006 #5
    We got this in an e-mail at work the other day...
  7. Mar 10, 2006 #6
    does that mean that soon women will find guys with hunches more attractive because they're better suited to high demand computer related activities, and thus bigger pay checks? poor quasimodo should've just waited around, he could've scored esmerelda if only he could've told her the hunch was because of his sucessful career working for an online superstore.
  8. Mar 10, 2006 #7
    In the future an attractive person will be called "A real bell-ringer!"
  9. Mar 10, 2006 #8

I sit on the internet all day when I'm not doing other things. I like music and I have eaten a hamburger before.
  10. Mar 10, 2006 #9
    Good thing I go to a chiropractor every two weeks :p

Although no running away from the carpal tunnel syndrome O___O

I sit about two feet away from my monitor, always leaned back in my chair. My feet are on some of my speakers and my head is on my head rest. Ahh, so comfortable.
  11. Mar 10, 2006 #10
    I love the sound of this, but my eyesight won't permit it. It could be my whole problem is the middle-aged eyesight thing where everything in a comfortable sitting range is in the wrong range for clear vision. Print is always bit "swimmy" and shimmery, and slightly blurred. I always end up hunching forward to be able to read better.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?