The oldest book printed says it should be given to whoever wants it

• Thread starter lunarmansion
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book
In summary, the conversation discusses the remarkable discovery of the Diamond Sutra, the oldest printed book, by explorer Aurel Stein. The conversation also mentions the difficulty of sharing a link and the intrigue surrounding the story of how the manuscripts ended up in London.
lunarmansion
Here is the fascinating account of Aurel Stein's discovery of the Diamond Sutra, the first printed book and how the oldest book ended up in London. Here is a fascinating account of the explorer Aurel Stein who found the world's most treasured set of manuscripts. The most amazing thing of all is that the oldest printed book (the diamond sutra) says it ought to be given to whoever wishes to own it.
I found the story of Aurel Stein in a travel magazine but this post does not let me attach the url for the story I wanted to share with you guys! Says I have to make fifteen posts! So you have to re-copy the following with the http: // and www

concierge.com/cntraveler/articles/
detail?articleId=12061&pageNumber=1

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks. Even though its from a travel magazine the account of how stein brought the manuscripts to London is fascinating.

1. What is the oldest book that says it should be given to whoever wants it?

The oldest book that says it should be given to whoever wants it is the Gutenberg Bible, also known as the 42-line Bible or the Mazarin Bible. It was printed by Johannes Gutenberg in the 1450s.

2. Why does the oldest printed book say it should be given to whoever wants it?

The Gutenberg Bible was printed during a time when books were primarily owned by the wealthy and clergy. Gutenberg wanted to make the Bible accessible to everyone, regardless of their social status, so he included a statement in the book that it should be given to whoever wants it.

3. Is the statement in the Gutenberg Bible still relevant today?

Yes, the statement in the Gutenberg Bible about giving the book to whoever wants it is still relevant today. It serves as a reminder of the importance of making knowledge and literature accessible to all individuals, regardless of their background or financial status.

4. Has the meaning of the statement in the Gutenberg Bible changed over time?

The meaning of the statement in the Gutenberg Bible has not changed over time. It has always been a call for equal access to knowledge and literature, and this message is still relevant today.

5. How does the statement in the Gutenberg Bible relate to the role of books and literature in society?

The statement in the Gutenberg Bible highlights the importance of books and literature in society as a means of spreading knowledge and ideas to all individuals. It also emphasizes the value of making these resources accessible to everyone, regardless of their social status, promoting education and intellectual growth for all members of society.