Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Theoretical methods for the realization of tech. enabled telekinesis

1. Dec 17, 2013 #1
    Theoretical methods for the realization of tech. enabled "telekinesis"

Ok, so the title is rather self explanatory, but essentially I am just curious as to everyone's opinions on a Theoretical method for the realization of technology enabled telekinesis.

So first let me lay down a few constraints:

This must function through some form of measurement of "brain waves"

This should be converted into an action over a general "movie" distance (0-50m)

There should be no "physical" connection between the user and the object(s) being moved

Be creative, and be physically sound.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 17, 2013 #2
    My Idea

So how I would go about this is via electroencephalography-nanobot swarm.

To elaborate;

One would use some form of a wearable electrode (an EEG device) as well as an eye tracking device. Via visualization of the object moving, the signal being produced would be converted into a vector motion from the current position of the object (as perceived by eye tracking device, as well as possibly a front facing camera) to the desired position. Which would then be executed by a swarm of nanobots acting through synchronous action to move the object, now the method by which this movement will actually occur is a sticking point for me, or more so the limits on mass and dimensions.

SO, a second proposed topic would be to detail a method for nanobots that can attach to any object, and/or the more technical details of the swarm's limitations for the mass of objects based on the density of the swarm, etc.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook