Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bug There are small facebook icons in all the title bars

1. May 5, 2012 #1

sharks

Gold Member

I don't know what's happening with the forum lately, but it appears like someone has been messing around with the forum scripts. I think someone is trying to hack or poorly integrate the Facebook feature into the forums, as i'm currently seeing tons of small Facebook icons in all the windows' title bars. It's very annoying! :frown:

2. jcsd
  3. May 5, 2012 #2

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

I don't see anything like that. I'm using Firefox 12 under Mac OS 10.7.

4. May 5, 2012 #3

Evo

I don't see anything.

5. May 5, 2012 #4

Ryan_m_b

Could you post a screenshot of what you're seeing?

6. May 6, 2012 #5

Borek

Screenshot+OS+browser.

7. May 6, 2012 #6

sharks

Gold Member

This morning i checked again and the Facebook issue is gone but now my avatar is missing! :(

8. May 6, 2012 #7

Ryan_m_b

Seems to be a problem at your end, I can see your avatar fine.

20api6e.png

9. May 6, 2012 #8

sharks

Gold Member

You are right. I have switched to Firefox 12.0. I'm using Windows XP SP3. Everything is OK now.

I was using Pale Moon 12.0 when i started having those display issues: http://www.palemoon.org/
    It's a light-weight and optimized version of Firefox, but i don't know why it messes up the display. That rarely happens though.

Edit: As i prefer the faster Pale Moon, i've fixed it by clearing its Cache and Offline website data from the menu Tools > Clear Recent History. Just in case, this might be helpful to someone else with the same problem.

Last edited: May 6, 2012
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook