There are small facebook icons in all the title bars

• Bug
  • Thread starter DryRun
  • Start date
In summary, there seems to be a problem with the forum scripts that has caused issues with the display of Facebook icons and avatars. This has been resolved by switching to a different browser and clearing the cache and offline data. It's recommended to use Firefox 12 or a lightweight version like Pale Moon for optimal performance.
DryRun
Gold Member
I don't know what's happening with the forum lately, but it appears like someone has been messing around with the forum scripts. I think someone is trying to hack or poorly integrate the Facebook feature into the forums, as I'm currently seeing tons of small Facebook icons in all the windows' title bars. It's very annoying! :frown:

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't see anything like that. I'm using Firefox 12 under Mac OS 10.7.

I don't see anything.

Could you post a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Screenshot+OS+browser.

This morning i checked again and the Facebook issue is gone but now my avatar is missing! :(

sharks said:
This morning i checked again and the Facebook issue is gone but now my avatar is missing! :(
Seems to be a problem at your end, I can see your avatar fine.

20api6e.png

You are right. I have switched to Firefox 12.0. I'm using Windows XP SP3. Everything is OK now.

I was using Pale Moon 12.0 when i started having those display issues: http://www.palemoon.org/
It's a light-weight and optimized version of Firefox, but i don't know why it messes up the display. That rarely happens though.

Edit: As i prefer the faster Pale Moon, I've fixed it by clearing its Cache and Offline website data from the menu Tools > Clear Recent History. Just in case, this might be helpful to someone else with the same problem.

Last edited:

What are the small facebook icons in all the title bars?

The small facebook icons in all the title bars are a feature added by Facebook to allow users to easily access their Facebook account from any webpage they are currently on. These icons are usually in the form of a small "f" symbol and are clickable to take the user directly to their Facebook page.

Why are there small facebook icons in all the title bars?

The small facebook icons in all the title bars are a way for Facebook to increase their visibility and reach on the internet. By adding these icons to various webpages, they are able to attract new users and keep current users engaged with their platform.

Do I need to have a Facebook account to see the small facebook icons in all the title bars?

Yes, in order to see the small facebook icons in all the title bars, you will need to have a Facebook account. These icons are designed to provide a quick and easy way for users to access their Facebook account, so having an account is necessary to fully utilize this feature.

Can I remove the small facebook icons from all the title bars?

No, users do not have the ability to remove the small facebook icons from all the title bars. These icons are a default feature implemented by Facebook and are not customizable by individual users.

Are the small facebook icons in all the title bars safe to click on?

Yes, the small facebook icons in all the title bars are safe to click on. They are directly linked to the official Facebook website and will not harm your computer or personal information. However, as with any link or website, it is important to exercise caution when clicking on them and make sure you are on a legitimate and secure webpage.