Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

There goes that security deposit AGAIN

1. Sep 10, 2008 #1
    Okay, I used to paint a lot, but I haven't done any painting lately. I decided to sell my paint supplies and brushes and easel. I was gathering everything together and decided I'll just paint one last one before I give it up. The only problem was I didn't have any canvas. So I'm looking around and I notice that my front door has magic marker on it from the previous tenants. I figure they are going to have to repaint the door when I move out anyway. I also should mention that I was thinking about Bora Bora. Now when my front door is closed, it looks like it is open but instead of the brick wall I usually see, it opens to a boardwalk and the ocean. Covers the ENTIRE door. Probably should have thought this one through a bit more.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 10, 2008 #2

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh, come on tribdog - show us a picture!

4. Sep 10, 2008 #3

NoTime

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

TTIWWP

Just sell the door and buy a house with the proceeds :smile:

5. Sep 10, 2008 #4
    I'm trying to find a camera I'm waiting for my neighbor to get home so I can borrow his.

6. Sep 10, 2008 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Just leave the door open while the landlord does the final inspection. As long as the door is still on the hinges, they never think to look behind one. :uhh: It IS still on the hinges, right?

Um...I just remembered, you're the one who had that cute children's story and was pleading for an illustrator because you couldn't draw. So, just how bad is this painting going to be? :uhh:

7. Sep 10, 2008 #6
    It's horrible. Perspective is pretty much correct though.

8. Sep 10, 2008 #7
    Okay, I'm still waiting for the neighbor, but I got out my old p.o.s. camera. The picture is horrible, but you get the basic idea.

[​IMG]

9. Sep 10, 2008 #8

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Wow, that's so cool. But it's not enough. You have to continue the mural onto the bricks...

10. Sep 10, 2008 #9
    they can only take my security deposit once right?

11. Sep 10, 2008 #10
    It's awesome, tribdog.
    Mind, it would look even cooler if you took off the doorknob...
    Well, maybe you could just paint it so it looks like it belongs? What sticks out of the sand like that?

12. Sep 10, 2008 #11
    It's oil paint too, so they won't be able to just paint over it.

13. Sep 10, 2008 #12

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

oh, wow! I love it!

14. Sep 10, 2008 #13

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

DON'T encourage him! This is someone with a penchant for destroying property the way Evo destroys herself!

Though, that mural on the door is pretty cool! Much better than I was expecting, actually. The doorknob spoils it though.

15. Sep 10, 2008 #14
    Who paints a door knob and key hole into a picture of the ocean? This junk stinks.

16. Sep 10, 2008 #15

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

A surrealist?

17. Sep 10, 2008 #16

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You could make the doorknob into a...shell? Oh - a conch. Or a crab. A snorkel! Or a dead sea gull...hmmm, you could do a lot with it....

18. Sep 10, 2008 #17
  19. Sep 10, 2008 #18
    remember this is oil paint so it can take days to dry. I'm stuck in here if I paint the doorknob.

20. Sep 10, 2008 #19

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Nahhh...just leave the door open. What's the worst that could happen?!?!

21. Sep 10, 2008 #20
    shark attack?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?