1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

This was my last semester at junior college

1. Dec 11, 2008 #1
    I'm transferring from San Jacinto College, and I'll be at the University of Houston starting in the spring. I've taken Cal I-III, Linear Algebra, and University Physics I and II. It looks like I might get an A in both Linear Algebra and University Physics II which means I received an A in all the aforementioned classes. If it the case, I'm proud of my work. I've noticed it is more beneficial to have already the mathematics prerequisite as well. So, I will take Differential Equations before I start my next physics courses which are Modern Physics I and II.

Any advice/tips/suggestions for this big transition?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 11, 2008 #2
    From my experience so far, the transition from community college to a larger University isn't too bad. Just be ready for less "one-on-one" opportunities with professors, thus more self-learning. The fact that you have earned straight A's bodes well for you, since no matter what school you're at, earning an A is an accomplishment. Plus, it shows initiative to learn on your own. Don't worry too much about it, you should be fine.

4. Dec 11, 2008 #3
    That's good hear. Yeah, I certainly devoted plenty of time to actually learning the material and doing well in the classes. Oh, I am a physics major, by the way. I know not everyone on this site is.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?