Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Thread replies and signature

1. Sep 21, 2014 #1

CAF123

Gold Member

I quite like the new PF skin overall, but there are a couple of things I would like to bring up.

I seems to me that threads in the subforums are getting less views than they were getting in the old format. This may be because most people are getting used to the new format or because there seems to be a lot less to see per page (i.e more scrolling is needed to see more of the contents of the subforum at least without any configuration). Or perhaps the counter is just on a delay.

Also, others may disagree, but I think the signature 'Welcome to Physics Forums, you should totally join' is a bit in your face and a bit to chatty and I don't really like how it comes across. I am not really one for coming up with a good signature but something a bit less may be better.

Just my $0.02.....

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 21, 2014 #2
    Some of it could be the counter delay but also Google needs to recrawl all the threads.

I can work on reducing that

I can come up with something else. Have any suggestions?

4. Sep 21, 2014 #3

CAF123

Gold Member

I'll have a think, it is just the word 'totally' that puts me off I guess. I'm not sure what anybody else thinks.

5. Sep 21, 2014 #4

TumblingDice

Gold Member

Not a finalist and could use help - just a seed for thought: "PhysicsForums: Welcoming young minds, of any age - join us today!"

6. Sep 22, 2014 #5

TumblingDice

Gold Member

@Greg Bernhardt : OMG! I just noticed you've updated to that text. I'm tickled beyond words, yet I tossed it in the air hoping to encourage feedback and input from others. Can we give that another go? Here's a tweak for consideration:
    "PhysicsForums: Welcoming young minds of all ages - join us today!"

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook