Throwing money around in hollywood

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
Pengwuino
Gold Member
Do they use real money in movies and on tv? For example, i'm watching Curb your enthusiasm and Larry is doing some part for this movie and he's slapping people with money and tossing money around and they're on top of a skyscraper. What i'm wondering is, do they use real money? If they are printing the money for the money, isn't that illegal (if so, i'm sure they have had some agreement with the Treasury Department)? Anyone know the deal?

Answers and Replies

Evo
Mentor
Pengwuino said:
Do they use real money in movies and on tv? For example, i'm watching Curb your enthusiasm and Larry is doing some part for this movie and he's slapping people with money and tossing money around and they're on top of a skyscraper. What i'm wondering is, do they use real money? If they are printing the money for the money, isn't that illegal (if so, i'm sure they have had some agreement with the Treasury Department)? Anyone know the deal?
It's fake money, just looks similar enough to pass onscreen.

Pengwuino
Gold Member
Do they have agreements with the US treasury department?

Cyrus
Actually, I hear they get fans to donate. Then they pay the fans back in double as a thank you, after the movies made millions. Why don't you send them some money and see how that goes.

Thread Locked.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Pengwuino said:
Do they have agreements with the US treasury department?
No need if they clearly write on it "not for legal tender," just like it says on Monopoly money. It probably looks pretty fake in person anyway.

Is this what they pay their actors with? I don't think they'd notice.

Suggested for: Throwing money around in hollywood

• Last Post
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views