Throwing money around in hollywood

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Money
In summary, fake money is typically used in movies and TV shows, and they do not have agreements with the US Treasury Department. Some productions may rely on donations from fans, but the money is not meant to be used as legal tender. Actors are typically paid with real money, but they may not notice if it's fake. The thread discussing this topic has been locked.
Pengwuino
Gold Member
Do they use real money in movies and on tv? For example, I'm watching Curb your enthusiasm and Larry is doing some part for this movie and he's slapping people with money and tossing money around and they're on top of a skyscraper. What I'm wondering is, do they use real money? If they are printing the money for the money, isn't that illegal (if so, I'm sure they have had some agreement with the Treasury Department)? Anyone know the deal?

Physics news on Phys.org
Pengwuino said:
Do they use real money in movies and on tv? For example, I'm watching Curb your enthusiasm and Larry is doing some part for this movie and he's slapping people with money and tossing money around and they're on top of a skyscraper. What I'm wondering is, do they use real money? If they are printing the money for the money, isn't that illegal (if so, I'm sure they have had some agreement with the Treasury Department)? Anyone know the deal?
It's fake money, just looks similar enough to pass onscreen.

Do they have agreements with the US treasury department?

Actually, I hear they get fans to donate. Then they pay the fans back in double as a thank you, after the movies made millions. Why don't you send them some money and see how that goes.

Thread Locked.

Pengwuino said:
Do they have agreements with the US treasury department?
No need if they clearly write on it "not for legal tender," just like it says on Monopoly money. It probably looks pretty fake in person anyway.

Is this what they pay their actors with? I don't think they'd notice.

What does it mean to "throw money around" in Hollywood?

"Throwing money around" in Hollywood refers to the excessive spending of money on lavish parties, expensive gifts, and extravagant lifestyles. It is a common practice in the entertainment industry where individuals and companies use their wealth to show off their success and status.

Why do people in Hollywood throw money around?

People in Hollywood often throw money around in order to maintain their image and status in the industry. It is also seen as a way to attract attention and gain publicity, which can lead to more opportunities and success in the competitive world of showbiz.

Who are the main players involved in throwing money around in Hollywood?

The main players involved in throwing money around in Hollywood are wealthy individuals such as actors, producers, directors, and studio executives. Companies and corporations also play a role by sponsoring extravagant events and providing funding for expensive projects.

What are the consequences of throwing money around in Hollywood?

The consequences of throwing money around in Hollywood can include financial instability, debt, and a negative public image. It can also lead to a culture of excess and disregard for budgeting and responsible spending.

Is throwing money around in Hollywood a necessary part of the industry?

While it may be seen as a necessary part of the industry by some, it is not a requirement. Many successful individuals and companies in Hollywood are able to maintain their status and success without constantly throwing money around. It ultimately comes down to personal values and priorities in the entertainment world.