TV show recommendations for someone tired of watching

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheStatutoryApe
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
64 replies · 12K views
Breaking Bad is easily one of the best shows on TV. Mad Men is also. AMC has very very good programs.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
lisab said:
Yeah, I tend to agree. When Seinfeld was funny, it could be really, really funny. But I could go a long time between those moments.

I always got a lot of laughs from The Muppets :smile:. Goofy humor, just for the sake of goofy humor, with a dash of sophistication...just a dash, though, not enough to spoil it.

I liked The Muppet Show also. Yeah, it is humor for humor's sake, but it is light-hearted and friendly. They do their skit and move onto something fresh. The characters are endearing and have personality. The use of muppet actors provokes my imagination. I don't think the show would be nearly as interesting without them. It probably also didn't hurt that I was a child when I watched most of the episodes, not that it subtracts from the quality of the show at all, but it did make a large impression at an early age. It is sometimes silly, but in a fun and carefree kind of way that is appealing to me. I think I would enjoy it as much now as I did then.

I also liked Benny Hill and Monty Python. British humor in general is good. I have yet to watch The Office or Keeping Up Appearances, but they sound like something I might also enjoy. I'll get around to them eventually.
 
The best show I remember was about an Indian. There wasn't much action, but the image was clear. There were numbers and crosshairs, but that's all I remember. TV certainly has gone downhill since then.
 
jimmysnyder said:
The best show I remember was about an Indian. There wasn't much action, but the image was clear. There were numbers and crosshairs, but that's all I remember. TV certainly has gone downhill since then.
That one was VERY popular. They used to play it all night long up here. The theme song was a bit bland, but eventually, you got used to it.