Time Traveling: Can We Go Back in Time?

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of time travel and whether it is possible to travel backwards in time. The idea of using a wormhole for time travel is also brought up. The question of whether the human body can withstand the effects of time travel, particularly g-forces, is also raised. The individual apologizes for their lack of knowledge in physics and their interest in the topic. However, it is stated that this forum is geared towards science fiction scenarios and not speculative discussions, as outlined in the forum rules.
IAm12YearsOld
Ok so i am aware that if someone manages to travel faster than light, they are technically "travelling through time" but i was wondering if there was a way to travel backwards in time, i tried searching the web but haven't found anything so i was wondering if someone could explain it to me, also is a wormhole possibly useful for traveling back in time because a wormhole actually doesn't seem that hard to create.
Also, can our body even stand traveling through time? i ask this because of g-force and all that stuff.
If we can't is there a way to create something that "stops" g-force
im sorry i sound like a retard but I am quite new to physics (im 12 jesus) and am interested in this kinda stuff :P

Physics news on Phys.org
Please note that this forum is meant to help authors with science fiction scenarios. You questions appear to be on physics and not related to any science fiction writing. Such questions must be posted in the main physics forum.

Please note that we have a strict rule against highly speculative discussion, per the PF Rules that you had agreed to. Please reread those rules to familiarize yourself with the nature of the discussion that are allowed here.

Zz.

Related to Time Traveling: Can We Go Back in Time?

1. What is time travel?

Time travel refers to the hypothetical ability to move between different points in time, either forwards or backwards. It is a popular concept in science fiction, but it is not currently possible according to our current scientific understanding of time and space.

2. Is time travel possible?

At this time, time travel is not possible based on our current scientific understanding. While there are theories that suggest it may be possible in the future, there is no scientific evidence or technology that supports the idea of time travel.

3. Can we go back in time?

According to our current understanding of time and space, it is not possible to go back in time. The laws of physics and the concept of causality suggest that the past has already happened and cannot be changed or revisited.

4. What are some theories about time travel?

There are several theories that explore the possibility of time travel, such as Einstein's theory of relativity and the concept of wormholes. However, these theories are highly theoretical and have not been proven or tested.

5. How do we know time travel is not possible?

Based on our current scientific understanding, there is no evidence or technology that supports the idea of time travel. Additionally, the concept of time travel raises many paradoxes and contradictions that cannot be logically resolved, further suggesting that it is not possible.