1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Translation of handwriting into readable form

1. Jan 14, 2016 #1
    Please see attached pic. I have received a handwritten document from a physicist. I am not familiar with the equations, therefore the symbols are difficult to figure out. I have done some searches. I know the first symbol is the "time second derivative" and another symbol is the "time derivative" a lot of the others I have difficulty discerning. Thanks for any help.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 14, 2016 #2
    That scan is too low resolution, but other than that, what exactly are you asking? Transcribe the whole thing in latex? I dont' think so. Anyway I see a lot of y's, phi's, and exp's.

4. Jan 14, 2016 #3

Nugatory

Staff: Mentor

Why would you settle for guesses when you can ask the person who sent you this?

5. Jan 16, 2016 #4
    The person wrote it is deceased, Richard Feynman. With knowledge of the work, I assumed some would be familiar with the equations. Therefore making it simple to make them more readable.

6. Jan 16, 2016 #5
    Why didn't you say so? Which part do you not understand?

7. Jan 20, 2016 #6
    I don't know what character has the loop, I don't need LaTex, just the name or function

see attached

Attached Files:

8. Jan 20, 2016 #7
    Lowercase phi.

##\varphi_n - \varphi_{n+1}##

9. Jan 20, 2016 #8
    Thank you

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook