Travel patterns distributions of a sample representative of a population?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
bradyj7
Messages
117
Reaction score
0
Travel patterns distributions of a sample representative of a population??

Hi,

I was hoping that somebody might be in a position to advise me on a problem that I have.

I am recording the travel patterns of a car for 80 different families for 2 years. Specifically I am recording the following:

1.Journey Start Times
2.Journey End Times
3. Distances
4. No. of journeys per day

Is there a method by which I could investigate/prove that the distributions of these variables are representative of the general population?

I would appreciate any comments or feedback.

Look forward to hearing form you.

Thanks

John
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org


You need to show that the 80 families is a representative sample of the population of interest. Factors are geography, socio-economic status, etc.