Triple integral for y dV over region bounded by plane 4x+2y+3z=16

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
hils0005
Messages
61
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


W is the solid bounded by the three coordinate planes and the surface 4x+2y+3z=16, Calculate Mxz=[tex]\int[/tex][tex]\int[/tex][tex]\int[/tex] y dV


Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution


the surface 4x +2y +3z=16 is a plane that crosses boundries at (4,0,0), (0,8,0) and (0,0,16/3)

This is how I set up my integral but I am getting an incorrect answer...
[tex]\int[/tex][tex]\int[/tex][tex]\int[/tex] y dzdxdy
0[tex]\leq[/tex]z[tex]\leq[/tex]16-4x-2y
0[tex]\leq[/tex]x[tex]\leq[/tex]1/2(y-8)
0[tex]\leq[/tex]y[tex]\leq[/tex]8

can anyone tell what I'm doing wrong
 
Physics news on Phys.org
your boundary.
4x+2y+3z=16
To get the y-range, set x=0, z=0, so y is between 0 and 8
for x-range, set z=0. then x is between 0 and (16-2y)/4
z goes between 0 and (16-4x-2y)/3
the crossing points are irrelavant.
try and see what u get.