True Story Can you do my homework

• Thread starter CWatters
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Homework
In summary, a fellow student offered to write the answer directly into a student's book using a pencil to get rid of the lad quickly. The lad came home looking grim, it transpired he had been in trouble with his teacher and had been sent to the headmasters office. The summary ends with a laugh.
CWatters
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
True Story "Can you do my homework"

Many years ago when I was studying at University I shared lodgings with several other students. The landlords teenage son was always pestering us to help with his physics homework. One day he had a problem that required a long descriptive answer. To get rid of him quickly a fellow student offered to write the answer directly into his book using a pencil. That way the lad could go over it in ink and rub out the pencil so it would be in his own hand writing. A few days later the lad came home from school looking rather grim. It transpired that he had been in trouble with his teacher and have even been sent to the headmasters office. Keen to find out what had happened we asked to see his homework and there in the middle of the passage, in his own hand writing obviously, were the words "Teacher has cheesy feet" circled in red ink. Yup he had gone over it in ink and rubbed out the pencil marks without reading a word.

Physics news on Phys.org

We had one guy who would always turn in a perfect paper. He would sell copies to 8 or 10 students, but in each copy there was a single unique mistake. Then all the guys would get together and work thru the problems to find all the mistakes before they turned it in. The effort was about the same as if they had simply done the work themselves, but this daily exercise did turn into a good learning experience for them. The kid had come from a very poor family and this was his major source of income to stay in school, so I guess it all worked out well for everyone.

Edit: I just paid him to tutor me when I needed it, but had no money to pay him. So he was happy to accept food for payment. I always had plenty of that.

CWatters said:
Many years ago when I was studying at University I shared lodgings with several other students. The landlords teenage son was always pestering us to help with his physics homework. One day he had a problem that required a long descriptive answer. To get rid of him quickly a fellow student offered to write the answer directly into his book using a pencil. That way the lad could go over it in ink and rub out the pencil so it would be in his own hand writing. A few days later the lad came home from school looking rather grim. It transpired that he had been in trouble with his teacher and have even been sent to the headmasters office. Keen to find out what had happened we asked to see his homework and there in the middle of the passage, in his own hand writing obviously, were the words "Teacher has cheesy feet" circled in red ink. Yup he had gone over it in ink and rubbed out the pencil marks without reading a word.

Lolololol:rofl:

1. What is the purpose of a "true story"?

A "true story" is a story that is based on factual events and real people. Its purpose is to inform or entertain readers by recounting events that actually happened.

2. How do you determine if a story is true?

A true story is typically backed up by evidence, such as eyewitness accounts, documents, or other forms of proof. It is also important to consider the credibility of the source and any potential biases.

3. Can you do my homework on a true story?

As a scientist, my expertise is in conducting research and analyzing data. I am not able to complete homework assignments for others, as it goes against academic integrity.

4. What makes a true story different from other types of stories?

A true story is based on real events and people, while other types of stories may be fictional or based on imagination. Additionally, a true story is typically backed up by evidence and strives to accurately depict events as they occurred.

5. Why is it important to have true stories?

True stories provide insight into real-life events and experiences, allowing readers to gain knowledge and understanding about different topics or perspectives. They also help to preserve history and can serve as a reminder of important events or lessons learned.