Turning ports on/off in Windows XP and viewing connections in DOS

  • Thread starter Thread starter expscv
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Dos
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 4K views
expscv
Messages
241
Reaction score
0
1. how do i turn on/off a port? in m using win xp

2. how do i see the connect been established with my pc using DOS?

many thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Use a firewall like zone alarm to open/close ports

I don't know the command you would use to tell who's logged into your computer from dos. I know in linux I can do "who".
 
try using net USERS in ur Command prompt window to see the Ids of ppl who have logged on to ut computer
 
expscv said:
1. how do i turn on/off a port? in m using win xp

2. how do i see the connect been established with my pc using DOS?

many thanks
ni hao,
netstat -a[/color] can help you, my friend...lol...