Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Suggestion Two minor issues multi quote and thread tools

1. Apr 6, 2010 #1
    Greg, There are two minor issues that I encounter sometimes. No big deal and totally unimportant but it might help working to perfection.

1: Understanding now how the multi quote works, I see that the multiquote selections remain selected after posting. So if I hit another quote later I get the same multi quote again (unintended). Maybe it's an idea and feasible to deselect the multiquotes after posting the quotes.

2: I strongly prefer the thread sorting in newest first, avoiding for instance missing the last post of the former page as you can always see the last posting. However, it appears that the thread tools are fixed to the posts to be on top of the page in the oldest-first default sort. So in the newest-first sort, you have to scroll down to find them somewhere at random. Would it be feasible to change that too?

Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 9, 2011 #2

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

multiquote isn't working today :redface:

(the blue light comes on, but there's nobody in!)

EDIT: totally btw, why when I do a search in the Feedback forum, do I get a result headed "Forum Feedback & Announcements and child forums" ? :confused:

4. Mar 9, 2011 #3

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Multiquote is working fine for me: hit multiquote on all but the last post you want to quote (on which you press the quote button). After posting the blue button(s) turn off.

5. Mar 9, 2011 #4

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

oops!

still isn't working for me :redface:

oh hold on, maybe i turned my cookies off?

oops! cookies on now, and the multiquote works fine :blushing:

(hmm … then how come everything else worked without cookies, including automatically logging me in? :confused:)

6. Mar 9, 2011 #5

cobalt124

Gold Member

I've had the same problem as above. Am now trying the solution above. Also is there a maximum number of posts you can multiquote. I can't seem to get more than seven or eight, don't know exactly.

7. Mar 9, 2011 #6

cobalt124

Gold Member

Thanks Cristo, that works fine, I've been quoting the last multiquoted entry, which seems to cause he problem.

8. Mar 9, 2011 #7

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I've never had any problems with multi quotes. I love this option.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook