Two Weeks of House Cleaning and Fixing - What to Do First?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    clean
In summary: If it's just a little bit of dirt here and there, then a quick vacuum every few weeks should do the trick. If it's a lot of dirt and the upholstery is starting to come apart, then you might need to take it to a cleaner. Again, it depends on how hard...or often...the upholstery gets dirty. If it's just a little bit of dirt here and there, then a quick vacuum every few weeks should do the trick. If it's a lot of dirt and the upholstery is starting to come apart, then you might need to take it to a cleaner.
wolram said:
Can it fix blown head gaskets, my 200,000 mile old 106 has blown hers, if there is not a cheap fix it is a date with the crusher, she still runs ok bless her, she justs froths at the mouth.
If it's not a cracked head or block, can you get a shade-tree mechanic to help you with the gasket problem? Maybe chili, beer, and some biscuits (US-style) will get you some help.

Physics news on Phys.org
I wish I could open a PF restaurant and you could all teleport here for a meal or two.

We would work you to the bone, and i would get fat, i like my own cooking but cooking for one is a pain, so it would be Tubos every night/morning, you could have Sunday off as i cook at moms then.

My mom was an incredible cook and also very smart. She worked as a nutritionist for Dr Michael DeBakey on his research patients (prisoners). My desire to learn traditional culinary techniques came from her guidance. I can't begin to list what I learned from her about food preparation. But I don't experiment on people. :biggrin:

I can't believe Dr DeBakey is still alive at age 100. My mom said that when he would get into an elevator with people that he would turn around and face the back of the elevator. :bugeye: Ok, he was a genius, so I guess that's ok.

Last edited:
turbo-1 said:
If it's not a cracked head or block, can you get a shade-tree mechanic to help you with the gasket problem? Maybe chili, beer, and some biscuits (US-style) will get you some help.

I have had advice, this engine uses wet liners and with so many miles on the clock it is just not viable, poor thing has no real value now, i will just run her till i can find a replacement,
she only cost me £600, a 100,000 + miles ago so she has done well.

wolram said:
We would work you to the bone, and i would get fat, i like my own cooking but cooking for one is a pain, so it would be Tubos every night/morning, you could have Sunday off as i cook at moms then.
You sound like my father. He lives alone and refuses to put in any effort to making enjoyable meals for himself. To be fair, he is now 82, but his mother was one of the finest cooks that I have ever known and could keep a 40-50 man river-driving crew (logs and pulp-wood) happy every day. Every day she would cook beef, pork, ham and turkey with a wide assortment of vegetables for the evening meal, along with breads and biscuits. She would also cook a 10" fruit pie for every man on the crew. Some of the left-over meats and some of the pie were offered at breakfast, along with omelets, fried eggs, scrambled eggs, bacon, ham, waffles and pancakes every morning, and by the time those guys were ready to head out for their day's work, the left-over meats from the previous day had been made up into sandwiches and the left-over slices of fruit pies had been included as desserts/snacks. I was rail-skinny as a kid, but my grandmother could put 10# on me easy if she could hijack me for a couple of weeks. That woman was a wonder in the kitchen. To be fair to my mother, she was a far better cook on smaller scales than my father's mother - I learned a lot from both.

Hey we are all talking about food now, it was supposed to be about house cleaning, heck we will be fish fighting next.

Turbo smacks Woolie with a frozen swordfish and tasks MIH with an undercover mission to smack Woolie with puffer-fish and other highly poisonous sea rascals.:eek:

Back