Uh oh Norton now thinks PF is an unsafe site

• Thread starter phinds
  • Start date
In summary, Norton has recently sent a warning message about the safety of visiting PF. However, this message was not received until 1/2 hour ago, leading to the assumption that Norton's auto-update may have incorrect information about PF. It is possible that the warning was triggered by an ad on the website, as mentioned in previous similar incidents. The situation seems to have been resolved and no further issues have been reported.
phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
Just got a message from Norton that I should not visit PF because it is an unsafe site.

Did not get this message at any time up to 1/2 hour ago so I assume Norton has done an auto-update that has bad info on PF.

Physics news on Phys.org
Probably tagged one of the inserted ads.

UltrafastPED said:
Probably tagged one of the inserted ads.

Yeah, that could be it. I'm not getting it now.

Keep me updated on this. I had to clean up a few hundred posts last month because Google showed malware warning on posts that used smilie images from planetsmiley

Greg Bernhardt said:
Keep me updated on this. I had to clean up a few hundred posts last month because Google showed malware warning on posts that used smilie images from planetsmiley

Greg, I haven't seen it since that one time, so I'm assuming that it WAS because of a particular ad. I'll let you know for sure if it happen again.

1. Why does Norton think PF is an unsafe site?

Norton may think PF is an unsafe site due to various reasons such as a history of malware or phishing attacks, suspicious or malicious content, or lack of proper security measures.

2. Is it safe to access PF despite Norton's warning?

It is not recommended to access PF if Norton has flagged it as an unsafe site. This warning indicates potential security risks, and it is best to avoid accessing the site until the issue has been resolved.

3. Can I trust Norton's warning about PF?

Norton is a reputable cybersecurity company, and their warning about PF should be taken seriously. However, it is always a good idea to do your own research and verify the warning before accessing the site.

4. How can I report a false positive to Norton?

If you believe that Norton has flagged PF as an unsafe site falsely, you can report it to Norton's support team. They will investigate the issue and remove the warning if it is indeed a false positive.

5. What can I do to protect my device from potential threats on PF?

If you have accessed PF despite Norton's warning, it is essential to run a full system scan to check for any potential threats. It is also recommended to regularly update your antivirus software and avoid clicking on suspicious links or downloading files from untrustworthy sources.