Unbalanced force from a 1.2 tonne car accelerating at 1 m/s²

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kain
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Physics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 1K views
Kain
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
considering i am not 2 smart at these things i really need help. it's probably the easiest problem out there, but like i said, I'm a dumbass. here it is

A 1.2 tonne car (a laser) is accelerated from the lights at 1m/sec/sec. What unbalanced force do the wheels exert on the ground??

I thought it might be 1.2 x 10^3 but I am not sure

Thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
F=ma

so the force on the car to make it accelerate is (1.2 x 10^3) x 1 = 1.2 x 10^3 N.

This force is applied by the ground to the wheels. There is an equal and opposite reaction force due to the wheels pushing on the ground, according to Newton's third law