1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Undergraduate, how to find research position

1. Aug 15, 2012 #1
    Hello guys

I am wondering how to find a research position as an undergraduate. Typically, only third year student will be able to find something "real" research job in the summer. Does this mean that it's not possible to do research or maybe assisting research during the regular school time? I am an engineering student in UBC

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 15, 2012 #2

eri

Start at your own college. Ask your professors if they're willing to take you on, or know someone who might be willing. Don't restrict yourself just to the specific fields you're interested in; branch out. Many students manage to get research positions their first year; it's not impossible. And doing research at your own school your first year puts you in a much better position to get a position at another school the next year. It worked for me.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook