Unearthed English Terracotta Army by Hadrian's Wall

  • Thread starter Thread starter wolram
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Army English
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Messages
4,411
Reaction score
552
Unearthed by Hadrians wall Northumberland, dozens of minature warriors the
size of action men have been found along with a partiially legible latin
plaque, the inscription bears all the hall marks of Nero Nesttenus, a renowned
minaturist sculpter, it seems it is possible that Emperor Hadrian who died
in AD138 may be buried near by.
Found in sunday express.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I would think the figurines were idols of some sort.
 
arildno said:
I would think the figurines were idols of some sort.

There is a picture in the paper arildno, the figurines are remarkably intact
and detailed, even the very flimsy looking spears are not broken, over a
hundred have been found so far.
 
I'd be rather dubious about anything like this found in the paper today :rolleyes:. Like in the mail, there was an article outlining how the government intended to fine people burning charcoal on barbeques. It was only when I pointed out the name of the author to my dad, that he realized :smile:
 
cristo said:
I'd be rather dubious about anything like this found in the paper today :rolleyes:. Like in the mail, there was an article outlining how the government intended to fine people burning charcoal on barbeques. It was only when I pointed out the name of the author to my dad, that he realized :smile:

Yep just re read it, the Aprilus Primus legion :smile: