1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Universities offerring Aerospace research oppurtunities- please suggest

1. Aug 12, 2008 #1
    Hi
    I am currently pursuing a graduation from Indian Institute of Kanpur,India in Aerospace Engg.
    I would like help from fellow members to provide me with information on good colleges/universities in Europe and USA which provide interesting research programs in this field, or rather specifically in CFD and Propulsion.
    Help will be appreciated.
    Regards

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 12, 2008 #2
    Cal-Tech runs JPL.

4. Sep 1, 2008 #3
  5. Sep 2, 2008 #4
  6. Sep 2, 2008 #5
    thanx for ur help .... but i think i forgot to mention that this was for the position of a sumer intern.... and not admission....
    i guess now it would be better if someone points me in the right direction as per the intern motive

7. Jan 28, 2009 #6
    Hi all.
    If possible can anyone please help me out in seeking a summer internship for the year 2009 in the field of Aerospace.
    My topics of interest include aerodynamics, astrophysics and Propulsion.
    Any help will be appreciated.

P.s I have currently dropped any interest in cfd still research opportunities in the field are acceptable to me.

8. Jan 28, 2009 #7

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2015 Award

Very few universities run internships for students that are not their own.

9. Jan 29, 2009 #8
    what does that mean??
    not their own in the sense of nationality ??

10. Jan 29, 2009 #9

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2015 Award

Not their own in the sense of students. Why would a university pass up its own students in order to better train someone else? That makes no sense.

11. Feb 26, 2009 #10
    Hi all, please i would need the help of you all.. i want to get my first degree in aeronautical/ aerospace engineering in europe....where can you advise me to study. i have got less than a month to decide...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?