Universities offerring Aerospace research oppurtunities- please suggest

In summary, the conversation is about a person who is pursuing a graduation in Aerospace Engineering and is looking for information on good colleges/universities in Europe and USA that offer research programs in CFD and Propulsion. They also mention their interest in seeking a summer internship in the field of Aerospace and ask for help in finding opportunities. In response, someone suggests Cal-Tech in the USA and the University of Manchester in the UK. The original person clarifies that they are looking for a summer internship and not admission, and is open to research opportunities in other areas as well. The conversation then shifts to the difficulty of finding internships at universities outside of one's own. Finally, someone asks for recommendations for a first degree in aeronautical
vader
Hi
I am currently pursuing a graduation from Indian Institute of Kanpur,India in Aerospace Engg.
I would like help from fellow members to provide me with information on good colleges/universities in Europe and USA which provide interesting research programs in this field, or rather specifically in CFD and Propulsion.
Help will be appreciated.
Regards

Physics news on Phys.org
Cal-Tech runs JPL.

thanx for ur help ... but i think i forgot to mention that this was for the position of a sumer intern... and not admission...
i guess now it would be better if someone points me in the right direction as per the intern motive

Hi all.
If possible can anyone please help me out in seeking a summer internship for the year 2009 in the field of Aerospace.
My topics of interest include aerodynamics, astrophysics and Propulsion.
Any help will be appreciated.

P.s I have currently dropped any interest in cfd still research opportunities in the field are acceptable to me.

Very few universities run internships for students that are not their own.

what does that mean??
not their own in the sense of nationality ??

Not their own in the sense of students. Why would a university pass up its own students in order to better train someone else? That makes no sense.

Hi all, please i would need the help of you all.. i want to get my first degree in aeronautical/ aerospace engineering in europe...where can you advise me to study. i have got less than a month to decide...

1. What is the scope of aerospace research opportunities offered by universities?

The scope of aerospace research opportunities offered by universities varies, but generally includes a wide range of topics such as aircraft design, propulsion systems, space exploration, and satellite technology. Universities may also offer opportunities to work on research projects funded by government agencies or private companies.

2. What are the eligibility requirements for participating in aerospace research opportunities at universities?

The eligibility requirements for participating in aerospace research opportunities at universities may vary depending on the specific program or project. However, most universities require students to have a strong academic background in fields such as engineering, physics, or mathematics. Previous research experience or relevant coursework may also be preferred.

3. How can I find out about available aerospace research opportunities at universities?

The best way to find out about available aerospace research opportunities at universities is to check the websites of specific universities or their departments of aerospace engineering or related fields. You can also reach out to professors or researchers at these universities to inquire about potential opportunities or keep an eye out for announcements and postings on campus bulletin boards or online job boards.

4. Are there any funding opportunities for students participating in aerospace research at universities?

Yes, there are often funding opportunities available for students participating in aerospace research at universities. These may include scholarships, fellowships, or grants offered by the university, government agencies, or private companies. It is important to research and apply for these opportunities early as they can be competitive.

5. Can international students participate in aerospace research opportunities at universities?

Yes, international students can participate in aerospace research opportunities at universities. However, they may need to fulfill additional requirements such as obtaining a student visa or meeting language proficiency requirements. It is important to check with the specific university or program for their policies on international student participation.