University of Edinburgh Physics Assessment Assistance

  • Topic: Schools 
  • Thread starter Thread starter nucNawaf
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    University
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
nucNawaf
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I got a university assessment which it is required to applying for physics course, by the way it is university of Edinburgh.

Because I AM really worried about it, I need someone who could illustrate the exam for me and taking tips about it.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
nucNawaf said:
I got a university assessment which it is required to applying for physics course, by the way it is university of Edinburgh.

Because I AM really worried about it, I need someone who could illustrate the exam for me and taking tips about it.

Welcome to the PF.

What is meant by "illustrate the exam"?
 
berkeman said:
Welcome to the PF.

What is meant by "illustrate the exam"?

What i mean is what basses should I have before enter the exam
 
nucNawaf said:
What i mean is what basses should I have before enter the exam

Are you already a student at the U of E, looking to get into a particular physics class? Or are you applying for admission to the U of E? Can you provide any pointers to info about this class and the admission requirements?

What is your physics background so far? Where are you in your schooling (what year, what country)?
 
berkeman said:
Are you already a student at the U of E, looking to get into a particular physics class? Or are you applying for admission to the U of E? Can you provide any pointers to info about this class and the admission requirements?
I am a student at Edinburgh currently and there was no entrance exam for me. I wonder if the OP is an international student and perhaps the university did not recognise the OP's current qualifications, so an option would be to produce an exam that would give some indication of math/physics level.

While in my first year, I did get small diagnostic tests at the beginning to give the university an idea of the level of the year cohort as a whole, but this was not a major assessment.
 
nucNawaf said:
I got a university assessment which it is required to applying for physics course, by the way it is university of Edinburgh.

Because I AM really worried about it, I need someone who could illustrate the exam for me and taking tips about it.

Are you referring to the Global Select Pathway Programme pre-entry assessment? If so, the university has a webpage about it, which includes example content.