Unlock the Power of Calculus: Algebra 1 to Boaz for Students

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2 replies · 2K views
Messages
11,160
Reaction score
4,009
Here is an interesting book a student could do after after Algebra 1, or even integrate into an Algebra 1 course:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077VV95N3/?tag=pfamazon01-20

And a website:
https://www.calculussolution.com/

Several topics become easier, such as logarithms, when you know a smattering of Calculus. You could incorporate knowing it into an Algebra 2/Precalculus course. As it stands, you could probably cover trig functions etc. not covered is the 5-hour course from Kleppner in the last few weeks (which I know is enough to do Boaz):
https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/0471827223/

Having a copy of Boaz, I am confident they would know enough to start on that rather than a traditional Calculus course e.g. it covers series, complex numbers etc., all of which will not need to be covered in the Algebra 2/Precalculus course. I am one of those people that think Calculus is not taught early enough.

Thanks
Bill
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: malawi_glenn
Physics news on Phys.org
The Fundamental Theorem of Integral Calculus and why it makes solving integrals trivial. Page 114.

Someone call wolfram alpha!

I'm interested to hear if anyone tries this how it is.
 
  • Love
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: bhobba and malawi_glenn