1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Unpublished research and job interviews

1. Oct 15, 2013 #1
    I'm doing my masters in engineering, and I have a job interview tomorrow. They've asked me to prepare a presentation of my research for the interview. The thing is, the PhD student I've been working with has asked me not to share the information with anyone else since not all of it has been published yet...What should I do?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 15, 2013 #2

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

If it's unpublished, just show them a diluted version, just the .ppt that will make them interested without being spoonfed.

Edit: I just assumed you want the job. If you don't want it, don't bother to lose time with the interview and work for the desired degree instead.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  4. Oct 15, 2013 #3

atyy

Science Advisor

You should discuss this with the PhD student and supervisor (or other collaborators) - not with us.

5. Oct 16, 2013 #4

Andy Resnick

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

I second atyy- you have an ethical obligation to get permission from your collaborators before presenting *anything*.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook