Unravelling the Mystery of Hubble Time and Galactic Plasma

In summary, Shintashi was discussing time and how it might be moving backwards, but eventually concluded that this was not possible. He then mentioned that there may be a pattern in the motion of time and that it resembled the motion of galactic material into and out of a black hole. He then went on to explain plasma cosmology, and how galactic EM fields may parallel the Earth's magnetosphere. He said that someone would need at least a rudimentary understanding of differential geometry to properly describe these theories. Unfortunately, his post did not seem to have any point, and he was asked to explain his comment.
shintashi
I was staring at my calculus book when this came to me, so apologies if its a little murky.

I've been thinking about Hubble time and noticing something odd, that my astronomy professor really couldn't (or wouldn't) answer.

t(u)= 1/H x 10e12 years

which didn't quite work because if the observations of the expansion of the universe indicated acceleration, then the age of the universe would be going down, not up, and eventually the timeline of humanity would exceed the age of the universe (which among other things would be really wierd). When I thought About it some more, this only seemed to make sense if time were moving backwards. Instead of cause -> effect, it would be effect -> cause, while our perceptions would be mnemonic. As crazy as this sounds, it made sense, at least on paper. Then I thought some more on the subject a year later (the present), and concluded there was a problem. While the universe may be expanding and accelerating so, in reverse it would be contracting and decelerating. This seemed to work, until I thought about the big bang, and then realized that such a "bang" would have enormous rates of acceleration.

This led me to believe there may be a pattern to the motion of time in relation to space, and the first thing I thought of that resembled it was the motion of galactic material into and out of a blazar or other galactic black hole.

I was then reminded of Hannes Alfven's Plasma cosmology, and the theories of galactic plasma EM fields paralleling the Earth's magnetosphere. If the lines of electromagnetism are compared with a toroid, with velocities going toward the axis accelerating, and lines exiting the axis decelerating, then it works.

For a quick reminder, here's a random image.
http://universe-review.ca/I15-53-electromagnetism.jpg
or go here:
http://web.mit.edu/8.02t/www/802TEAL3D/teal_tour.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
And you just said that you didn't understand functions very well?!

neutrino said:
And you just said that you didn't understand functions very well?!

is that a real question or sarcasm? I was never trained formally in mathematics beyond the algebra level, and learned what was necessary for my science classes. My calculus book is called "Calculus". its the 3rd edition of Stewart from 1995 and was a gift from long ago. I just started reading integrals today, while also reading a biographical excerpt on the side of some guy with a photgraphic memory named Gauss. I took physics and chemistry at the high school level 14-15 years ago, and took physics and astronomy at the college level recently. Engineering physics is different though, much more "rigorous" and requires a heavy amount of calculus - much more than working with a matrix or using the square route of -1.

mainly I would like to have the math skills to describe theories that come to mind based on observation and analysis. As Eric T Bell says
"the very essence of analysis is the correct use of infinite processes"

I am sorry if my comment offended you, but I'm just amazed. The terms velocity, acceleration, etc. have precise meanings in physics, and more so in cosmology. Someone would need at least a rudimentary understanding of differential geometry, which is quite a way from derivatives and integrals, to properly describe theories on black holes and the universe. So it was just surprising to see this post from you, who, just a few hours ago, was asking what an integral was. :)

Shintashi, go and learn derivatives and integrals first, then learn their application in classical Newtonian mechanics, then think about your question again! Do it in that order! Until then, I do not see a point in discussing your question. In fact, I do not see a point in your question at all.

Demystifier said:
Shintashi, go and learn derivatives and integrals first, then learn their application in classical Newtonian mechanics, then think about your question again! Do it in that order! Until then, I do not see a point in discussing your question. In fact, I do not see a point in your question at all.

the solution to the Olber Paradox was proposed by Edgar Allen Poe, not a mathematician.

1. What is Hubble Time?

Hubble Time is a concept used in astronomy to measure the age of the universe. It is named after the famous astronomer, Edwin Hubble, and is calculated to be approximately 13.8 billion years old.

2. How is Hubble Time calculated?

Hubble Time is calculated using Hubble's law, which states that the further a galaxy is from us, the faster it is moving away from us. By measuring the distances and velocities of distant galaxies, scientists can determine the rate at which the universe is expanding and thus calculate the age of the universe.

3. What is galactic plasma?

Galactic plasma is a state of matter that exists in the space between galaxies. It is a highly ionized gas consisting of charged particles, such as protons and electrons, and is responsible for many of the observed phenomena in the universe, such as the formation of stars and the emission of radiation.

4. How does galactic plasma affect Hubble Time?

The presence of galactic plasma can affect the measurement of Hubble Time by causing light from distant galaxies to scatter and distort, making it more difficult to accurately measure their distances and velocities. This can result in a slightly different calculation of Hubble Time.

5. Why is understanding Hubble Time and galactic plasma important?

Understanding Hubble Time and galactic plasma is crucial for gaining a deeper understanding of the universe and its origins. By studying these concepts, scientists can learn more about the evolution of the universe, the formation of galaxies and stars, and the fundamental laws of physics that govern the universe.