Unsteady vorticity transport equation: codes available?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
bumblebee77
Messages
56
Reaction score
2
I would like to reproduce results from a much older code to test a new one. I only have the old code's results in the form of plots, not data, but I need data. The older code solves the unsteady vorticity transport equation in 2D with a constant kinematic viscosity term. I'm interested in 2-D tank-like geometries with inlets and pipe-like outlets. The original code uses a finite element method, but I'm not picky.

It would be great not to have to write code to do this. The problem seems straightforward enough that I expected to find codes/applets online, but so far I don't see anything. A Matlab script with plotting capabilities would be great, but I'll try anything. Could anyone help?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Have you tried OpenFOAM? Also, why vorticity transport and not NS?
 
Thanks. I want to reproduce calculations from an old report to test some new calculations. As far as I know, OpenFOAM doesn't have this approach.