Unsure of the path I should take after univeristy

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
1 reply · 2K views
redditflingbing
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
At the start of univerity I had a huge problem that really threw me off track. Thus during the first two years (4 year total due to masters) I focused my time on the core maths modules (maths 1, 2, 3, 4).

In year 3 and 4 I sorted the problem and really got my head down and ended up achieving a 1st in all modules (some high 1st e.g. QFT).
This has led me to a very strange predicament, that being, I need to relearn the physics from year 1 and 2 as I don't feel confortable saying I have a degree until I relearn them. This is troubling as I feel time is running out (I'm 23 years old).

I'm tending towards the quantum gravity path so I also need to learn group/set theory, differential geometry etc. Furthermore, I'm opening up to the idea of a PhD (in europe) which is one of the main reasons I need to know the bascis.
Any advice?
 
Physics news on Phys.org