Uploading score reports of GRE and TOEFL

In summary, during the application process for graduate schools, you have the option of uploading GRE and TOEFL score reports. These reports also show the other schools you sent official score reports to. You are wondering if the admissions committee could use this information to affect your chances of acceptance. However, based on your experience, this should not be a concern.
ian_dsouza
During the application process for graduate schools, I have the option of uploading GRE and TOEFL score reports that I 'printed to pdf' from the website. The score reports also show the other schools I sent official score reports to. I was wondering if the admissions committee could use this info and thus affect my chances of acceptance in any way? A little paranoia but could use a second opinion. Thanks.

ian_dsouza said:
The score reports also show the other schools I sent official score reports to. I was wondering if the admissions committee could use this info and thus affect my chances of acceptance in any way?

Hi ian_dsouza!

When I applied for grad schools there was actually a section I needed to fill out telling the school other grad schools I was applying at. I don't think this hurt my chances, so I wouldn't think them knowing where you applied would hurt yours.

Hope this helps

joshmccraney said:
Hi ian_dsouza!

When I applied for grad schools there was actually a section I needed to fill out telling the school other grad schools I was applying at. I don't think this hurt my chances, so I wouldn't think them knowing where you applied would hurt yours.

Hope this helps
Thanks @joshmccraney

1. How do I upload my GRE and TOEFL score reports?

To upload your GRE and TOEFL score reports, log into your ETS account and select the "Score Reports" tab. Then, choose the option to send your scores to institutions. You will be prompted to enter the institution code and your personal information. Once completed, your scores will be sent to the selected institutions.

2. Can I upload my unofficial score reports?

No, ETS only accepts official score reports for GRE and TOEFL. These reports must be sent directly from ETS to the institutions you are applying to.

3. How long does it take for my scores to be uploaded?

It typically takes 5-7 business days for your GRE and TOEFL scores to be uploaded and sent to institutions. However, during peak periods, such as application deadlines, it may take longer. It is recommended to send your scores at least 2-3 weeks in advance to ensure they are received on time.

4. Can I upload my score reports to more than one institution?

Yes, you can upload your GRE and TOEFL score reports to multiple institutions. You will need to enter the institution code and your personal information for each institution you wish to send your scores to.

5. Do I need to upload my score reports if I am self-reporting my scores?

It depends on the institution's requirements. Some institutions may require official score reports, while others may accept self-reported scores. It is best to check with each institution to determine their specific requirements for GRE and TOEFL scores.