US Government keeping tabs on citizens via driver's licenses.

Tom Mattson
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Apparently, an agency is being contracted by the US Government to keep track of everyone's driver's license. All anyone needs to know about you to view your license (picture and all) is your name and the state you live in.

See if yours is in there, mine is.

Link

Answers and Replies

But what if you dont have a license? How does the Government keep tabs on someone then?:confused:

Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Restarting the discussion of a previously locked thread. How could you, Tom? The only fair thing to do now is give yourself a warning for violating forum guidelines! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Tom Mattson
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Heh, I didn't even know it had been discussed before! I'd give myself a warning, but alas I'm in a protected user group. So I'll just give you a warning instead. :rofl:

Evo
Mentor
Heh, I didn't even know it had been discussed before! I'd give myself a warning, but alas I'm in a protected user group. So I'll just give you a warning instead. :rofl:
It shouldn't have been closed. This is a clear cut invasion of privacy. Not to mention how terrible driver's license pictures look!

I do NOT want someone to be able to go online and view THAT! :surprised

Doc Al
Mentor
Not to mention how terrible driver's license pictures look!
Holy crap! I've lost a lot of hair.

berkeman
Mentor
Holy crap! I've lost a lot of hair.
I grew a bunch, and grew fangs, and .... :eek:

turbo
Gold Member
That was an old picture. I don't look as young as that any more.

I do NOT want someone to be able to go online and view THAT! :surprised
You know the worse : it even works if one uses your username and inserts "Physics Forums" instead of state ! :eek:

even though these kinds of websites are fun jokes, you shouldn't enter your real name and city/state as they could be doing some kind of data collecting...

Evo
Mentor
even though these kinds of websites are fun jokes, you shouldn't enter your real name and city/state as they could be doing some kind of data collecting...
If they wanted to collect data, they could get copies of phone books with not only your name and state, but your street address and phone number. :rolleyes:

No, this site is not collecting anything.

Tom Mattson
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
You know the worse : it even works if one uses your username and inserts "Physics Forums" instead of state ! :eek:
Egads, they're everywhere!

Sex: never
ow

10chars

Integral
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Damm! That is one of the better drivers license photo's of me.