US Government keeping tabs on citizens via driver's licenses.

  • Thread starter Thread starter quantumdude
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Government
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
14 replies · 5K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
5,564
Reaction score
24
Apparently, an agency is being contracted by the US Government to keep track of everyone's driver's license. All anyone needs to know about you to view your license (picture and all) is your name and the state you live in.

See if yours is in there, mine is.

Link
 
Physics news on Phys.org
But what if you don't have a license? How does the Government keep tabs on someone then?:confused:
 
Restarting the discussion of a previously locked thread. How could you, Tom? The only fair thing to do now is give yourself a warning for violating forum guidelines! :biggrin:
 
Last edited:
Heh, I didn't even know it had been discussed before! I'd give myself a warning, but alas I'm in a protected user group. So I'll just give you a warning instead. :smile:
 
Tom Mattson said:
Heh, I didn't even know it had been discussed before! I'd give myself a warning, but alas I'm in a protected user group. So I'll just give you a warning instead. :smile:
It shouldn't have been closed. This is a clear cut invasion of privacy. Not to mention how terrible driver's license pictures look!

I do NOT want someone to be able to go online and view THAT!
 
Evo said:
Not to mention how terrible driver's license pictures look!
Holy crap! I've lost a lot of hair.
 
Doc Al said:
Holy crap! I've lost a lot of hair.

I grew a bunch, and grew fangs, and ... :eek:
 
Evo said:
I do NOT want someone to be able to go online and view THAT!
You know the worse : it even works if one uses your username and inserts "Physics Forums" instead of state ! :eek:
 
even though these kinds of websites are fun jokes, you shouldn't enter your real name and city/state as they could be doing some kind of data collecting...
 
usahockey said:
even though these kinds of websites are fun jokes, you shouldn't enter your real name and city/state as they could be doing some kind of data collecting...
If they wanted to collect data, they could get copies of phone books with not only your name and state, but your street address and phone number. :rolleyes:

No, this site is not collecting anything.
 
humanino said:
You know the worse : it even works if one uses your username and inserts "Physics Forums" instead of state ! :eek:

Egads, they're everywhere!
 
Damm! That is one of the better drivers license photo's of me.