US News - Ranking of Graduate Programs

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
Messages
7,530
Reaction score
3,056
If you like rankings, here's the latest from "US News"
http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/grad

PHY: http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/grad/phy/search
MAT: http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/grad/mat/search

Of course, one should question how the rankings are determined and what the rankings might really mean. (see the first URL)
If you're applying to graduate school, these lists might be a useful guide...
but your success really depends on YOU, YOUR research interests, and YOUR experience at whatever grad school you choose.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Oh god it's that time again. Interestingly enough, the methodology section was a broken link when I clicked on it. I guess that means they pulled names out of a hat and just made sure the rankings "looked" right.
 
Looks like Caltech moved up a few spots.

i.e., lucky pull from the hat :P
 
Hooray, we made top 8. We tied princeton conrnell and TexasA&M. I can sleep at night once again -whew. Close one.
 
Last edited: