1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Usefullness of Web Development in Applied Mathematics

1. Sep 8, 2014 #1
    Hello. Would web development be useful towards my career in applied mathematics ?

The full story: I'm starting my MS in applied mathematics in one year. I would like to pick up a skill that would be useful to my career. I came across this program and seems quite interesting: https://generalassemb.ly/education/web-development-immersive
    I'm just afraid it would be a waste of time and money.

Cheers.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 8, 2014 #2
    I think it's potentially useful, but I don't see why you'd spend money on it, unless you have lots to burn. It's fairly easy to learn for free. Try codecademy to start off with and there's some stuff on Coursera. I suppose some people might see web development as sort of frivolous stuff that mathematicians shouldn't concern themselves with, but there are uses for it.

4. Sep 8, 2014 #3
    There are perks for enrolling, particularly benefiting from their career resources and networking opportunities.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook