1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

UVA vs William and Mary vs Virginia Tech

1. Apr 2, 2009 #1
    Which would you say is the best undergraduate physics program? How about the best engineering program? Which is the better school in the sciences in general (computer science, math...)? I think I may have to stay in-state due to money issues

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 4, 2009 #2
    I think you can rule out William & Mary; when it comes to math/science/engineering, it's ranked pretty low. In terms on engineering, I think VT is the best. In terms of Math/physics/natural sciences, I think VT and UVA are tied.

4. Apr 4, 2009 #3
    I saw an article recently, that dollar for dollar UVA was ranked number 1 school in the nation. I have not tried to look the article up, so I may be misremembering.

Something to think about, visit both UVA and VT. Their campuses are very different.

In general I agree with Quincy regarding W&M.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook