Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Van Halen with David Lee Roth (again?) on tour?

1. Feb 3, 2007 #1

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16960795/

[​IMG]
    http://www.van-halen.com/
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16960795/ says
    "On March 12, Van Halen will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame at a ceremony in New York."

Last edited: Feb 3, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 3, 2007 #2
    God. Terrible. It's just for the money, for sure...all of their fans are now 30-somethings with disposable income, and they'll be willing to dump 200 dollars for a crappy seat.

Led Zeppelin is reuniting as well. God help us all.

4. Feb 4, 2007 #3

radou

Homework Helper

Rock'n'Roll, unfortunately, as it seems to me, only lives on on our gramophone and cd players, and not on any stage.

5. Feb 4, 2007 #4

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Hey, if they can still rock, why the heck not? If Floyd were able to stop being babies and get back together, they'd sell out stadiums around the world. They just need to stop before they reach their '80s like the 'Stones. I know some people who saw them last time around and they said it was terrible. You just can't rock if you have to have the microphone mounted to your walker and the Depends are very constricting.

6. Feb 4, 2007 #5

radou

Homework Helper

Well, as one Jethro Tull song says, '...you're never to o-o-old to rock'n'ro-o-oll if you're too young to die.' The question is only what 'too young to die' means. :cool:

7. Feb 4, 2007 #6

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

I can't imagine that they will be as good as they were 29 years ago. :cool:

Besides, Michael Anthony is out of the lineup. :frown: It won't be the same. :yuck:

I couldn't make myself go to a Stones concert 30+ years ago. I didn't particular care for there music after 1969 when they released the album 'Let it Bleed'.

8. Feb 4, 2007 #7

Mk

Yep! I've been waiting and watching! His son is in the band too! :smile:

9. Feb 4, 2007 #8
    Im 5150 about them :smile:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2007
  10. Aug 7, 2007 #9

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

another attempt?

Aug. 7: Van Halen is set to announce a 50-date reunion tour with original singer David Lee Roth that will begin in October. MSNBC.com's Dara Brown reports.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20160745/

"A proposed summer amphitheater tour by the group never got off the ground, with Eddie Van Halen entering a rehabilitation facility for undisclosed reasons in March.

In the months since, the guitarist has been seen publicly looking healthy and fit."

11. Aug 7, 2007 #10

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I dunno. I LOVE Van Halen (never was much of a Van Hagar fan) but a lot of time has passed...

[​IMG]

12. Aug 7, 2007 #11

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

For me, VH has always been about the music.
    I hope they can still rock-n-roll.

13. Oct 1, 2007 #12

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  14. Oct 1, 2007 #13

turbo

Gold Member

They may still be able to rock. I can't play out in public any more (and haven't been able to for the past 10 years or so because of physical reactions to fragrance chemicals), but until then I was participating in or running open-mic blues jams every week. Musicians would come from over an hour away every week to participate, and some of them were playing professionally, but had to come out and play for free just to kep their hand in the hotter side of the music scene. VH may be over the curve and past their prime, but I wouldn't count them out if they're game.

15. Oct 2, 2007 #14

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The Portland show is on [tex] \partial [/tex]'s Bday, she is a big VH/DLR fan. My stepson was able to get some tickets for the nosebleed seats in the Rose Garden. He was second in line, the guy behind him hymed and hawed for a minute and got nothing... sold out.

I just hope that they are able to maintain health and harmony amoungst the band members until December!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2007
  16. Oct 20, 2007 #15

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

oops:
    http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/train-wr...es-on+stage-disaster-for-van-halen-313005.php
    ... at least they weren't lipsyncing.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?