Earth's atmosphere at sea level has the same velocity as Earth's solid surface: 465metres/sec. What about at higher heights? E.g. what's the velocity of the (particles of) exosphere?
I have to get ready for a meeting, so this will be a bit brief. I'll give you some search terms. Try these, and come back with some more specific questions.
The question was full lucid and specific: The motion Δx of the speed 465meteres/sec of the air is that which is drawn on the reference frame which does not move together with the self-rotating motion of the earth. Thus I asked the velocities the Δx of which are drawn on that reference frame.
Earth's upper atmosphere is extremely turbulent, partly because it is less dense and partly because the sun has a night and day effect. The cooler night air tries to descend against the rising air currents on the dayside - and clouds stir the mix. It is quite chaotic and having meteoroligists trying to explain the effects on local weather day by day further compounds matters.